Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
This procedure will include drawing blood from your arm, separating the platelets and mixing it with a special treatment mix using centrifuge us, and then injecting them into your skin via micro needling.
The doctor runs the needle pen over your face while squirting the platelets into the mini injection holes. Since the platelets are high in growth hormone, and the micro-needling stimulates the skin to regenerate, the entire procedure is meant to aid cell turnover.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers are injections used to fill out wrinkles and creases in the skin. They can also be used to increase the volume and definition of the lips and cheeks.
The fillers are made from a variety of materials and the effects can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the type of filler:
- collagen – effects last three to four months
- hyaluronic acid – lasts about four to six months
- calcium hydroxylapatite – lasts about 18 months
- poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) – effects of injections given over several months may last up to two years